Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I try to make sure theres a story too. Not just some picture.

I never plan on trying to make the perfect picture, to where its worthy enough to put into a frame...unless its a picture that is needed to be frame worthy, say, a portrait. What matters to me is the story behind the picture. Whe taking a random picture of a person is captures the originality of a person.
A picture to me is single second in time that stops and captures the personality of a person, there is nothing posed, nothing hid. Its a true picture. THATS what I aim for. Reality. Although a picture may show depressing imagines, its truth. It shows truth. Its claiming that this is what it was like, at that single moment in time. A picture REALLY can tell a thousand words.
And I try to make sure that it does that.
As I was taking pictures of some family friends the other day for there holiday cards I took a test photo of the four kids...It wasn't meant to be an actual photo for them to use. The oldest son was holding the youngest daughter, and she was laying horizontal in his arms stretching and struggling to get free. The youngest son was pulling up his shirt. Probably screaming something along the lines of "Spiderman!!" or something like that. And there oldest daughter was just standing there waiting for that picture to be taken. I love it.

That picture...there. Is what I would believe to be 'picture frame' worthy. I showed there mom the picture and laughed because the personality of the kids were so exact in that picture. So therefore I try to find truth and the natural being of a person. Then take the picture. For your enjoyment...heres the picture.

1 comment:

The Larsen's said...

Can I just tell you that you're an amazing photographer. You really have some talent. Keep it up. I love you blogs. They're awesome.