Monday, December 15, 2008

It was said quite perfectly.


Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.
Aaron Siskind is the genius behind that quote.
I don't think that the way I feel about taking pictures could have been said so easily.


I posted pictures of my nephew onto my facebook and my Aunt Terri asked if I took enough pictures. My reply was no, I can never take enough pictures.
She said your a woman after my heart.
Well, at the young and eventful age of 15 months, everything is new. and its something worth remembering. I love my nephew to death and I appreciate all of the stress he has caused me, but I guess its more my sister that does it. but, I've learned and grown from it. and I also think that I have become a better person from it.
I come to realize that, I have this opportunity to help take care of my nephew so that I can be a strong influence in his life. I haven't grown up with great influences of my own, so therefore I had to make my own path. And its scary.
So when given the opportunity to help guide my nephew through life, theres no way I can just let that opportunity pass by.
When he's older, I'm going to be PROUD of what he becomes.
And I'll have plenty of pictures too.
Here are some of the most recent pictures of him.






















No comments: